LeTV has launched three new smartphones namely LeTV S1, LeTV S1 Pro, LeTV Max with zero bezel on its sides, a new USB type C reversible connector, and powered by Mediatek Helio X10 octa core Cortex A53 processor (S1) and Qualcomm Snapdragon 810 big.LITTLE octa core Cortex A53 & A57 processor (S1 Pro & Max) combined with 3 to 4GB RAM, and up to 128GB internal storage.
LeTV smartphones specifications:
- S1 – Mediatek Helio X10 (MT6795) octa core Cortex A53 @ 2.2 Ghz with PowerVR G6200 GPU @ 700 MHz
- S1 Pro & Max – Qualcomm Snapdragon 810 quad core Cortex A53 + quad core Cortex A57 in big.LITTLE configuration with Adreno 430 GPU
- System Memory
- S1 – 3 GB LPDDR3
- S1 Pro & Max – 4 GB LPDDR4
- S1 – 16, 32 or 64 GB eMMC 5.0
- S1 Pro – 32 or 64 GB eMMC 5.0
- Max – 64 or 128 GB eMMC 5.0
- S1- 5.5″ touchscreen display @ 1920×1080
- S1 Pro – 5.5″ touchscreen display @ 2560×1440
- Max – 6.33″ touschscreen display @ 2560 x 1440
- Connectivity – 802.11 a/g/b/n/ac Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0 (Mediatek) / 4.1 (Qualcomm) + GPS
- Cellular – 2G, 3G and 4G LTE TD-FDD LTE with dual SIM supports for all model, but exact bands depending on model variants.
- S1 – 13MP rear camera, 5MP front-facing camera
- S1 Pro – 13MP rear camera, 4MP “ultrapixel” front-facing camera
- Max – 21MP rear camera, 4MP “ultrapixel” front-facing camera
- USB – 1x USB 2.0 / 3.0 (S1 Pro only?) type C connector with support for MHL 2.0 / 3.0 (S1 Pro only?)
- Misc – IR remote, Qualcomm only: Le Hi-Fi audio, fingerprint reader (Max only)
- S1 & S1 Pro – 3,000 mAh
- Max – 3,400 mAh
- Dimensions & Weight
- S1 – 147.8 x 74.2 x 9.5 mm / 170 g (Plastic)
- S1 Pro – 148.4 x 73.8 x 9.4 mm / 177 g (Alloy)
- Max – 167.1 x 83.5 x 8.95 mm / 204 g (Alloy)
All three phones will run Android 5.0 (LeUI ROM). Since Helio X10 is only based on Cortex A53, we should expect Snapdragon 810 to be faster, but relatively recent (leaked) benchmarks show the Mediatek processor to be faster in GeekBench 3 ,maybe because of a higher clock frequency (TBC).
However, Snapdragon 810 has some other advantages like support for USB 3.0 and MHL 3.0.
LeTV S1 will be released on April 21 for 1499 RMB ($242) and up, LeTV S1 pro on May 19 for 2499 RMB ($402) and up, but LeTV Max availability and pricing are currently unknown. Further details are available in Chinese on LeTV website.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal, become a Patron on Patreon, or buy review samples|