Parallella “super computer” board with Xilinx Zynq-7010 ARM+FPGA SoC and Adapteva’s 16-core Epiphany coprocessor may have started at $99 uring their Kickstarter campaign, but once the board became more broadly available, price started at $119 for the microserver version, and $149 for the desktop computer version which adds a micro HDMI port, a micro USB port, and some expansion I/Os. But to get rid of some stock, the company has decided to temporary decrease the desktop version price to $99 on Amazon.
Let’s remind us of the desktop computer board specifications:
- SoC – Xilinx Zynq Z7010 dual-Core ARM Cortex A9 with 512KB L2 Shared Cache + Artix-7 FPGA with 28K logic cells
- Coprocessor – 16-core Epiphany-III processor
- System Memory – 1GB DDR3
- Storage – micro SD slot + 128Mb quad SPI flash
- Connectivity – 10/100/1000M Ethernet
- Video Output – 1x micro HDMI
- USB – 1x micro USB host port
- Expansion I/O – 2 eLinks (Ephiphany Links) + 24 GPIO pins
- Dimensions – 86.36mm x 53.34mm
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or become a Patron on Patreon|