Tronsmart has launched several ARM based TV boxes in the last couple of years, but now they’ve now unveiled an Intel based mini PC with Tronsmart Ara BJ19. The barebone PC looks very much like an Intel NUC, and features an Intel Celeron J1900 Bay Trail-D quad core processor.
- SoC – Intel Celeron J1900 Quad core processor @ 2.0 GHz (base) / 2.41 GHz (burst) with Intel HD graphics (10W TDP)
- System Memory – DDR3L 1333/1666 MHz SO-DIMM slot
- Storage – 2.5″ SATA hard drive or SSD
- Video Output – mini HDMI + mini DisplayPort
- Audio – mini HDMI, 3.5 mm jack for headphone and MIC-in
- Connectivity – Gigabit Ethernet, mPCIe Wi-Fi (2.4GHz) and Bluetooth 4.0 module
- USB – 3x USB 2.0 host ports, 1x USB 3.0 port.
- Misc – Power button, power LED
- Power Supply – 19V/2.1A
- Dimensions – 116.6 x 112 x 5.1 mm
- Weight – ~360 grams
The mini PC does not come with memory nor storage, nor an operating system, so you can just install the on you prefer without having to purchase a license for an OS you may never use. It ships with its power adapter, an HDD bracket, and various screws.
Tronsmart Ara BJ19 costs $130 including shipping, which seems to be a decent deal, and it can be purchased from eBay, GeekBuying, or Aliexpress. You’ll also need to buy storage and RAM separately to have a fully working system.
Via AndroidPC.es and Onebir (for the eBay link).
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.