Intel NUC (Next of Computing) are tiny and relatively low cost computers made by Intel. But in case you wondered if there were any clones available to save a few extra dollars, and/or gain a faster processor, a Chinese company is now selling Mr.NUC V3-J1900 barebone system with an Intel Celeron J1900 quad core processor for $169 + shipping, which adds over $40 since the mini PC only ships by courier. If you happen to live in the US, it’s probably not such as good deal, but in other countries maybe…
- SoC – Intel Celeron J1900 Quad core processor @ 2.0 GHz (base) / 2.41 GHz (Burst) with Intel Gen 7 HD graphics (10W TDP)
- System Memory – DDR3L 1333/1666 MHz SO-DIMM slot
- Storage – 2.5″ SATA hard drive or SSD
- Video Output – HDMI + VGA
- Audio – HDMI, 3.5 mm jack for headphone or S/PDIF?
- Connectivity – Realtek RTL8111 Gigabit Ethernet, optional Wi-Fi via mPCIe module
- USB – 2x USB 2.0 host ports, 1x USB 3.0 port.
- Misc – Power button, power LED, Kensington lock
- Power Supply – TBD
- Dimensions – 113 x 115 x 5.7 mm
- Weight – 700 grams
Shenzhen Realan does not sell complete kits with Wi-Fi , RAM and hard drive, so you’d also have to purchase an Intel NUC compatible wireless module, a 2.5″ hard drive or SSD, as well as a SO-DIMM DDR3L module to have a fully functional computer. You’d also need to install your preferred operating system be it Windows or a Linux distribution by yourself. Some other alternatives like CSQ CSW9, X29-J1900, or even an original Intel NUC might be a better deal depending on where you live.
You can also check out the manufacturer’s page. which also claims support for an extra mSATA SSD just line in an Intel NUC.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or become a Patron on Patreon|