ODROID-C1 board has been relatively popular thanks to its great hardware features and good software support for its $35 price tag. In mid-June however, ODROID-C1 got out of stock due to sudden large orders, and it was only scheduled to sale again in early August because of long leadtime for some components. It turns out ODROID-C1 may never sell again, simply because it will be replaced by ODROID-C1+ with various improvements.
It’s still very much based on ODROID-C1 with Amlogic S805 processor, 1GB RAM, and an eMMC sockets, but Hardkernel made the following improvements:
- HDMI connector change to Type-A from Type-D (micro HDMI).
- Improved SD card compatibility
- CEC function whether the RTC backup battery is installed or not
- ODROID-C1+ can be powered from the USB OTG port as well as DC-Jack
- I2S signals exposed for external audio DAC
All of which are welcomed modifications. The board size will remain the same, and the large heatsink will be included by default, which partially explains a small downside: the price is slated to increase from $35 to $37 or $38. ODROID-C1+ development board will be launched in August.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or become a Patron on Patreon|