Last time I checked about heart rate monitor, they required a chest strap to monitor ones heart rate, which I found cumbersome. It’s been while though, and I’ve now been informed that a low cost Bluetooth strapless heart rate monitor watch was available for $59.99 on GeekBuying.
This type of product should provide a much more accurate evaluation of your daily calories burn rate than typical fitness bands based on an accelerometer and gyro sensor, but I’m not quite sure how they compare to the old models with a chest strap.
Uwatch UX specifications and features:
- SoC – Mediatek Aster MT2501 ARM7 processor @ 108 MHz (A lower end version of MT2502 used in LinkIt One Devkit)
- System Memory – 32MB RAM
- Storage – 24MB NOR flash
- Heart rate monitor – Built-in photoelectric heart rate sensor
- Other sensors – magnetometer, 3-axis gravity and acceleration sensor
- Connectivity – Bluetooth 4.0 and NFC (for easy Bluetooth pairing)
- Display – 1.44″ capacitive touch screen (128×128 resolution)
- Mobile Synchronization with Android and iOS – Phonebook / Call log / SMS / Music / Time sync
- Other functions:
- Remote control phone camera( Not supported by iOS system)
- Sleep monitor
- Anti-lost / anti-theft – When the phone is away form your Bluetooth distance of the watch, the watch will remind you, and you can also remotely find your phone by making it ring with the watch
- Earphone talking and music playing
- Compass, Stopwatch, Alarm…
- Battery – 260mAh Li-polymer battery; 180 hours in standby mode; 4 hours of talk time.
- Dimensions – 52.5x37x9.9mm
- Weight – 52 grams
The watch ships with headphones, a USB charging cable, and a user’s manual. There’s a short demo video going through the user interface of the watch, but unfortunately they don’t really test the heart rate monitor function.
Thank you Onebir!
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or become a Patron on Patreon|