If you’d like to get an Android Wear watch, but are not quite ready to spend $200+ for the models currently available, the Com 1 Android Wear smartwatch could be interesting as you may get one for as low as $125, albeit with higher risks since it’s part of a flexible funding Indiegogo campaign. The watch is powered by Ingenic JZ4775 MIPS processor, features a 1.6″ AMOLED display, and is IP67 rated (Water- and dust-proof).
Com 1 watch hardware specifications:
- SoC – Ingenic JZ4775 XBurst (MIPS) processor @ 1.0 GHz with 2D graphics, and VPU (MPEG-2, MPEG-4, VC-1, H.264, VP8, RV9), [email protected]
- System Memory – 375 MB LPDDR1
- Storage – 4 GB eMMC
- Display – 1.6” AMOLED touchscreen display, 320 x 320 resolution, 16.7 Million Colors , LED back light, Brightness: 300 cd/m^2.
- Connectivity – WiFi (802.11 a/b/g/n at 2.4/5 GHz), Bluetooth 4.0 + EDR (BLE Compliant), FM, and NFC
- Sensors – 3-axis gyroscope, accelerometer, magnetometer, pedometer, GPS, heart rate sensor, pressure, humidity and temperature
- Audio – DMIC, speaker
- Ingress Protection Rating – IP67 (Waterproof up to 1m deep)
- Power – USB and 400 mAH Battery, with PMU and a custom magnetic lock 4-pin charger. Battery life: Around 2 days.
- Dimensions – 37x40x10mm
The watch body is made either of “aircraft grade” aluminum 6061 or stainless steel, depending on models, and straps are available in silicone, leather or stainless steel.
You can pledge $125 (early bird) to get a Com 1 smartwatch with an aluminum body and a black silicone strap, or $145 (early bird) for a stainless steel watch. Options for white silicone, leather, or stainless steel strap respectively add $5, $10, and $20. Shipping is free to the US, and $15 to the rest of the world with delivery scheduled for January 2015. Several stretch goals are also planned: Charging Cradle ($20,000), Wireless Charging ($80,000), and Paywave and Paypass Contactless NFC Payment System ($150,000).
The project also has its own website com1watch.com, but there’s not much too see over there for now.