I was quite disappointed when I wrote Zidoo X1 review, as Zidoo provided decent firmware with their Zidoo X9 recorder (albeit with some caveats), but Zidoo X1 with firmware 1.05 was a disaster while playing videos in Kodi either from the network or a USB hard drive, as even most H.264 videos could not play smoothly… I recommended prospective buyers to skip the box for now, as Kodi was not acceptable when Zidoo’s ZDCodec hardware decoding implementation was enabled. But the developers have quickly worked to fix critical bugs in Kodi, and provided a test APK that indeed fixed H.265, H.264, and MPEG2 videos, and improved greatly 4K video playback in Kodi with ZDcodec implementation.
- Fixed choppy video problems with online videos, such as YouTube
- Fixed choppy video issues with some videos that are in samba and other network storage disk
- Enhanced support for VC1 video format
- Solved black screen problem for large resolution (>480p) WMV3 format video
- Improved video rendering efficiency, and other bugs
- The navigation bar is hidden by default
- Fixed incompletely close problem of HDMI CEC
- Fixed boot failure due to DRM under some circumstances
- Fixed IR Remote controller doesn’t work under some circumstances
- Added application market for appsgo
- System apk is full-screen
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or become a Patron on Patreon|