Cypress Semiconductor and THine Electronics have recently introduced Ascella USB 3.0 camera reference design kit based on Cypress EZ-USB CX3 USB 3.0 camera controller and THIne THP7312 ISP that supports 13-megapixel resolution at 21 frames per second, and 3840x2160p recording at 30 fps using MJPEG compression.
Main specifications and features:
- Cypress EZ-USB CX3 ARM9 based Programmable MIPI CSI-2 to USB 3.0 Camera Controller
- THine THP7312 image signal processor based on a 32-bit RISC CPU
- OmniVision OV13850 Image sensor interfaced through a four-lane MIPI CSI-2 interface
- High Intensity LED Board for Low light environment
- SPI Flash for firmware storage
- Supports auto-focus, auto-exposure, auto-white-balance and the ability to select from 20 picture resolutions
- Support for streaming of live video at 4K with 30 fps and 1080p with 60 fps
- USB – USB 3.0 OTG port, USB Video Class compliant
- Debugging – micro USB 2.0 connector for debugging through UART and JTAG Interface
- Kit dimensions (lxbxh) – 40mm x 46mm x 60mm
The kit comes with the an enclosure, a USB3.0 Type-A to Micro-B cable, as well as a Quick Start Guide. The companies provide “optimized” firmware, a software development kit, reference circuit schematics (except for ISP and LED boards), and related materials as well as Ascella camera application available for Windows 7/8/8.1, and soon Linux.
The 4K USB 3.0 camera kit can be used to develop cameras for consumer, industrial, medical, educational and automotive applications such as notebooks/tablets, machine-vision, microscopes, document scanners, gaming consoles, TV conference systems and other imaging systems.
Ascella USB 3.0 camera reference design kit can be purchased on e-Con Systems store for $249.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or become a Patron on Patreon|