Atmel has just announced it is now shipping SmartConnect BTLC1000 Bluetooth Smart (BLE 4.1) SoC in production quantities. The chip is remarkable thanks to its size, as the company managed to pack an ARM Cortex-M0 MCU, a transceiver, a modem, MAC, PA, TR Switch, and Power Management Unit (PMU) into a 2.26×2.14 mm package.
- MCU – ARM Cortex M0 @ 26 MHz
- 128KB IRAM/DRAM, 128KB ROM
- Connectivity – Bluetotoh 4.1 Smart with L2CAP service layer protocols, Security Manager, Attribute protocol (ATT), Generic Attribute Profile (GATT) and the Generic Access Profile (GAP). Proximity, Thermometer, Heart Rate, Blood Pressure, and others profiles are also included in the protocol stack.
- I/Os – Up to 15, including 2x UART, 2x SPI, and 2x I2C.
- Hardware Crypto – AES-128, SHA-256
- Operating Voltage – 1.8 – 4.3V
- Power Consumption – > 4mA in RX, and >3mA TX at 3.6V
- Package – WLCSP (2.26×2.14mm) or QFN ( 32p 4×4 mm)
- Certified Modules – FCC, ETSI/CE, TELEC
- RoHS compliant
The chip can be used as a Bluetooth Low Energy link controller with external host MCU or as a standalone applications processor with embedded BLE connectivity and external memory.
To get customers started as quickly as possible, Atmel provides BTLC1000 Xplained Pro Starter Kit comprised of ATSAML21-XPRO board with SAML21 MCU, ATBTLC1000-XPRO Bluetooth expansion board, and two USB cables.
Thanks to Nanik for the tip.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal, become a Patron on Patreon, or buy review samples|