After Samzung Z1 based on Spreadtrum SC7727S processor and running Tizen 2.3, Samsung skipped the Z2, and launched Samsung Z3 Tizen 2.4 smartphone powered by Spreadtrum SC7730S quad core processor in both India and Russia, with the Russian model allegedly adding LTE connectivity.
- SoC – Spreadtrum SC7730S Quad core ARM Cortex A7 processor @ 1.3 GHz with ARM Mali-400MP2 GPU
- System Memory – 1GB RAM
- Storage – 8GB flash + microSD slot (up to 128GB)
- Display – 5.0” HD Super AMOLED (1280×720)
- Connectivity – WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0 BLE, GPS,GLONASS
- 2x Micro-SIM slots
- “Indian model” (SM-300H) – WCDMA: B1(2100),B8(900); GSM: GSM850,GSM900,DCS1800,PCS1900; 3G: HSPA+
- “Russian model” (SM-300F?) – Includes LTE
- Camera – 8.0MP rear camera with LED Flash (F2.2), 5.0MP front facing camera
- Video – MP4, M4V, 3GP, 3G2, ASF, AVI, FLV, MKV
- USB – micro USB 2.0 port
- Sensors – Accelerometer, Proximity Sensor
- Battery – 2,600 mAh
- Dimensions – 70 x 141.6 x 7.9mm
- Weight – 137g
The phone runs Tizen 2.4, and the company has chosen two different market segments in the countries where the phone launched. Samsung Z3 will sell to consumers for 8,490 Rupees ($130) in India via Snapdeal starting October 21, while the phone is reserved to B2B customers in Russia. You may find a few more details on Samsung (India) Z3 product page.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.