There’s been a few Cherry Trail devices launched recently, but the Intel Atom x5-Z8300 processor found in most new devices does not offer that much over the older Intel Atom Z3735F, and only an handful of devices have been released based on the more powerful Atom x7-Z8700 processor such as Microsoft Surface 3 tablet and Magicstick TV stick. I can also often read people complaining 2GB RAM is not enough, but Teclast X16 Power 11.6″ tablet addresses these two issues with an Atom x7-Z8700 quad core processor, 8GB RAM, and 64GB storage for dual booting Windows 10 and Android 5.1.
- SoC – Intel Atom x7-Z8700 “Cherry Trail” quad core processor @ 1.6 GHz (Bust freq: 2.4 GHz) with Intel Gen8 HD graphics with 16EU @ 600MHz (2W SDP)
- System Memory – 8 GB LPDDR3-1600
- Storage – 64 GB eMMC + micro SD slot up to 64GB
- Display – 11.6″ capacitive touch IPS display with 1920×1080 resolution
- Video Output – micro HDMI
- Audio – micro HDMI, 3.5mm headphone jack, stereo speakers, microphone
- Camera – 5.0MP rear camera, 2.0MP front-facing camera
- Connectivity – 802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi, and Bluetooth 4.0
- USB – 1x micro USB 3.0 port
- Sensors – G-sensor, Light sensor, Proximity sensor
- Misc – Power and volume buttons, docking port
- Battery – 32.3 Wh Li-ion battery
- Power Supply – 5V/2A
- Dimensions – 191 x 111 x 10.5 mm
- Weight – 600 grams
The tablet PC ships with a micro USB Cable, a charger, and a user’s manual by default. Please note that the keyboard and stylus shown on the picture above are not included by default.
Teclast X16 Power can be pre-ordered on GeekBuying for $424.59 including shipping, which compares to $499 with a Surface 3 with 2GB RAM, or $327 MagicStick Wave with 8GB RAM, 64GB storage, a Windows 10 license, and shipping fees included on Indiegogo. If you feel 4GB RAM is enough, and that x5-Z8500 processor would fit you need, you could also pre-order Teclast X16 Pro for $299 an up. That Aliexpress link adds $40 for the stylus and keyboard.