The third TV box of this giveaway week is a one year old device based on Realtek RTD1195 dual core Cortex A7 processor with a Mali-400MP2. However, beside relatively weak CPU and GPU, M-195 Android TV box features some fast interfaces like USB 3.0, and Gigabit Ethernet, as well as 4K video decoding and output, HDMI audio pass-through up to 7.1 channels, an HDMI input port, and H.265 video codec support.
While I found out the device was quite slow at times during the review, video playback quite good using XBMC with an external player, and USB 3.0 and Gigabit Ethernet interface provides a boost, albeit limited, compared to other devices with only USB 2.0 and Fast Ethernet. At the time of review, 7.1 audio pass-through did not work, nor SAMBA in XBMC (now Kodi), and HDMI input was not very useful, but M-195 has got several firmware updates, including a recent firmware update (October 24, 2015) which may have improved the situation.
More pictures can be found in the unboxing post. Please note that the HDMI cable is not included.
To enter the draw simply leave a comment below.
Other rules are as follows:
- Only one entry per contest. I will filter out entries with the same IP and/or email address.
- Contests are open for 48 hours starting at 10am (Bangkok time) every day. Comments will be closed after 48 hours.
- Winners will be selected with
- I’ll contact the winner by email, and I’ll expect an answer within 24 hours, or I’ll pick another winner.
- Free EMS for winners with a shipping address in Thailand
- $17 for registered airmail small packet for the rest of the world payable via Paypal within 48 hours once the contest (for a given product) is complete.
- If Paypal is not available in your country, you can still play, and I’ll cover the cost of sending the parcel by Sea and Land (SAL) if you win.
- I’ll post all 7 prizes at the same time, around the 11th of November
- I’ll make sure we have 7 different winners, so if you have already won a device during this giveaway week, I’ll draw another person.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or become a Patron on Patreon|