Renesas RZ/A1 ARM Cortex A9 processors were unveiled in 2013, and one of the differentiating feature was the large amount of on-chip SRAM with up to 10MB for RZ/A1H model. The following year, Renesas’ RZ/A1 professional development kit, and some RZ/A1H modules were launched, and I’ve now just seen a tweet about Renesas GR-PEACH development board that is mbed compatible, feature Renesas RZ/A1H processor, and happens to be pink.
There are actually two models based on the same PCB: GR-PEACH normal without header, and a “WiFi” connector, and GR-PEACH Full with female headers and an Ethernet port. Both basically share the same specifications:
- SoC – Renesas RZ/A1H ARM Cortex-A9 Core @ 400 MHz with 10MB on-chip RAM, NEON and FPU, and 128KB L2 cache
- Storage – 8MB FLASH + micro SD slot
- Connectivity – Normal: Optional BP3595 WiFi module; FULL: 1x 10/100M Ethernet(Microchip LAN8710A); Both: Xbee connector (unpopulated)
- USB – 2x micro USB Host/Device interfaces
- Expansion Headers
- Arduino compatible pin sockets – 1x 6-pin, 2x 8-pin, 1x 10-pin)
- GR-Shield pin sockets – 1x 5-pin, 1x 6-pin, 3x 8x-pin, and 1x 10-pinx
- Signals (Not 5V tolerant): 3xSPI, 3xI2C, 8xUART, 7×12-bits ADC, 2xCAN, 2x Camera Input, 1x LCDC(via LVDS)
- Debugging – Unpopulated RZ/A1H 10-pin JTAG Connector (CoreSight10)
- Misc – 1x Power LED, 1x user LED, 1x full color LED, reset and user switches
- Power Supply – 5V via micro USB connector connected to mbed-IF or RZ-A1H, or Vin pin (5.5V to 16V)
- Dimensions – 67.58 x 53.34 mm
Both boards support GR-PEACH AUDIO CAMERA Shield with two composite (NTSC) inputs, Line IN and OUT, a USB connector, a 20-pin camera connector, and through holes for extra audio interfaces. The normal version supports Rohm BP3595 WiFi 802.11 b/g/n module.
The board supports mbed.org Online Compiler, and high level C/C++ SDK. More technical details can be found on mbed website as well as Renesas GR-PEACH product page. The board has been listed on mbed website for several months, and it never seemed to be available, but you can now purchase GR-PEACH Full for $119 on Digikey, or if you are based in Japan via one of three local distributors.