GOEMBED is a startup funded by engineers previously working for Embest Shenzhen, based in Longhua district in Shenzhen, and specialized in embedded boards and modules. They currently have board and modules based on Freescale i.MX6 and Texas Instruments Sitara processors, but I’ll focus on the TI products in this post, including one of their single board computers that supports BeagleBone capes.
- SoC – Texas Instruments Sitara Cortex A8 AM3352 @ 800 Mhz or AM3358 @ 1.0 GHz
- System Memory – 512 MB Micron DDR3 chip
- Storage – 2 to 4 GB eMMC depending on model
- PMU – TI TPS65910A3
- Dimensions – 67.5 x 36.5 mm
- Temperature Range – Commercial: 0° to 70° C or Industrial: -40° to 85° C
The modules are said to support Linux 3.x, Android 4.x, Ubuntu, Angstrom, Debian, WinCE 6.0/7.0, and uCOS operating systems.
GOEMBED currently has four SBCs based on TI Sitara processor with a combination of AM3352 and AM3358 processor, and two baseboard ACW-B1A and ACW-B2A with the following specs:
- SoC/Memory/Storage – See CM335x SoM
- External Storage – micro SD slot up to 32GB
- Display – LVDS interface up for 16-bit RGB TFT @ 1366×768 resolution. 4.3″ and 7″ displays are available. B1A only: VGA port up to 1366×768
- Audio – B1A only: 2x 4-pin header for stereo, Line In/Out, and MIC In
- Connectivity – 1x Gigabit Ethernet
- B1A – 4x USB 2.0 host ports, 1x micro USB 2.0 OTG port, 2x 4-pin header for USB
- B2A – 2x USB 2.0 host ports, 1x micro USB 2.0 OTG port, 2x 4-pin header for USB
- B1A – 2x RS232 header, 1x CAN & IO header, 2x 20-pin header with access to UART1/2, SPI0, ADC, PWM, GPIOs, etc..
- B2A – Headers compatible with Beaglebone (Black), mini PCIe connector for 3G/Wi-Fi/Bluetooth/GPS modules
- Debugging – UART0 for serial console
- Misc – Reset button, RTC with CR1220 battery slot
- Power Supply – 9 to 14V input. Optimal 12V/1.5A.
- Dimensions – B1A – 146 x 102 mm; B2A: 130 x 103.5 mm
Modules are available now, and can be purchased until 2022. Prices start at $49 for CM3352 SoM, up to $99 for the industrial version of CM3358 SoM, and single board computers start at $89 (B2A + CM3352), and up to $149. I’ve also noticed the single board computers can be purchased on Aliexpress: both SBC335x-B1A ($139) and SCB335X-B2A ($59 baseboard + $59-$69 CPU module). Further details can be found on GOEMBED’s products page.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal, become a Patron on Patreon, or buy review samples|