Theobroma Systems has introduced a new COM Express module, named HeliX2-COMExpress, powered by Applied Micro HeliX 2 ARMv8 server SoC and probing 10GBe, SATA, and PCIe connectivity, as well as SO-DIMM slots for up to 32GB RAM for embedded industrial applications.
- Processor – Applied Micro APM887104-H2 “HeliX 2” with 2 to 4 ARMv8 cores up to 2.0GHz, 32KB L1 I-cache and 32KB L1 D-Cache (per core) with parity-protection, shared 256KB L2 cache (per pair of cores) with ECC protection, and 2MB L3 cache with ECC protection
- System Memory – 2x 204-pin SO-DIMM slot for up to 32GB DDR3 @ 1600MHz
- Storage – Serial ATA SATA Gen 3 (integrated), up to 16MBit SPI NOR flash on-module, up to 128GB eMMC flash on-module
- 1x 10 Gigabit-Ethernet (XAUI)
- 1x 1000Base-T with on-module 10/100/1000 PHY
- 1x RGMII Gigabit Ethernet
- 2x SGMII Gigabit Ethernet
- USB – 3x USB 2.0 (one dual-role port)
- 1x 4-lane PCI-Express Gen3
- 2x 1-lane PCI-Express Gen3
- Security Module – Global Platform 2.2.1 compliant JavaCard environment; EAL4+ certified.
- Power Supply – 5V and 12V supply
- Power Consumption – ~20W
- Temperature Range – 0ºC to 85ºC
- Dimensions 95mm x 95mm (COM Express form factor)
The module will support Linux operating systems. To quickly get started, an HeliX 2 COM Express Development Platform can also be provided, and included a carrier board with the following key features:
- 10 Gigabit Ethernet and 1 Gigabit Ethernet network interfaces
- PCI Express Gen 3 expansion
- SATA 3 for enterprise-grade mass storage connectivity
- USB 2.0 for connecting standard peripherals
- Slot for an ‘intelligent HMI module’ with HDMI and dual-channel LVDS for visual computing
- Embedded interfaces (UART, SPI, I2C, SD, GPIO) for quick proto-typing
The module also happens to be the reference design for HeliX 2 SoC, and design files for the module are made available AppliedMicro’s myAPM.com.
HeliX2-COMExpress will start selling in Q2 2016 via Theobroma systems and their distributors, while the development platform will be sold by both AppliedMicro’s and Theobroma’s distribution channels, and is currently being showcased at Embedded World 2016. More details might be found on Theobroma Systems HeliX2-COMExpress product page.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or become a Patron on Patreon|