So far, it’s been pretty hard to buy ARM server motherboards for individuals, as most, if not all, products were reserved to corporate entities, but with Gigabyte MP30-AR0 server motherboard featuring the first generation Applied Micro X-Gene 64-bit ARM processor this might be about to change. [Update: As mentioned in comments I was probably wrong here, since the motherboard is listed on the Gigabyte’s B2B website, and not its B2C website].
- Processor – AppliedMicro X-Gene 1 processor with 8 ARMv8 cores up to 2.4GHz (TDP 45W)
- System Memory – 8 x DIMM slots, Single, dual rank UDIMM modules @ 1333/1600 NHz supported (up to 16GB)
- Storage – 4x SATA III 6Gb/s ports + 1x SD card slot
- Connectivity – 2x 10GbE SFP+ LAN ports (integrated), 2x GbE LAN ports (Marvell 88E1512), 1x 10/100/1000 management LAN
- Graphics – Video Integrated in Aspeed AST2400. 2D Video Graphic Adapter with PCIe bus interface up to 1920×[email protected] 32bpp.
- Expansion Slots – 2x PCIe x16 (Gen3 x8 bus) slots
- Other Internal I/O
- 1 x CPU fan header
- 4x system fan headers
- 1x USB 2.0 header
- 2x Front panel headers
- 1x APM strap header
- 1x HDD back plane board header
- 1x PMBUS header
- 1x BMC JTAG header, 1x JTAG PLD header
- 1x BIOS_H header
- 1x Chassis intrusion header
- 1x SATA DOM jumper, 1x BIOS recovery jumper, 1x ACK selection jumper
- 1x IPMB connector
- Rear I/Os
- 2x USB 2.0, 1x Mini USB
- 1x VGA
- 1x Serial
- 2x SFP+, 3x RJ45
- 1x ID button with LED, 1x Power button with LED, 1x Status LED
- Power – 1x 24-pin ATX main power connector; 2x 4-pin ATX 12V power connectors
- Dimensions – 244 × 244 mm (microATX form factor)
The motherboard supports Ubuntu 14.04, and can also be configured with Avocent MergePoint IPMI 2.0 web interface.
Pricing information is still to be announced according to the motherboard page, and the company also integrated it into R120-P30 single socket 1U rackmount server with a 350W PSU and support for 4 hard drives.
Via Tom Cubie
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or become a Patron on Patreon|