Ugoos UM3, a compact Rockchip RK3288 Android & Ubuntu TV Box that would fit in your hand, has now a little brother with Ugoos AM2 in the same form factor but featuring Amlogic S905 processor instead, but still with an AV jack (composite + stereo audio) and an HDMI 2.0 port, as well as an IR extension jack allowing you to place the box behind the TV.
- SoC – Amlogic S905 quad core Cortex A53 @ 2.0 GHz with penta-core ARM Mali-450MP GPU
- System Memory – 1GB DDR3
- Storage – 8GB flash (Hynix) + micro SD card slot (up to 32 GB)
- Video & Audio Output – HDMI 2.0 up to 4k @ 60 fps, 3.5mm AV output with composite and stereo audio
- Connectivity – dual band WiFi 802.11 b/g/n and Bluetooth 4.0 (Ampak AP6330 module) + external antenna
- USB – 2x USB ports including one USB OTG port (USB A type)
- Misc – IR jack
- Power Supply – 5V/2.5A via micro USB port
- Dimensions – N/A
There’s no mention of a dual boot image, at least at launch, and Ugoos AM2 runs Android 5.1.1 operating systems with Ugoos launcher, and Ugoos settings adding features such as root enabled/disabled, file server (NAS), and HW monitor.
Ugoos AM2 samples can now be purchased via Ugoos website, but these are likely to be early samples with a few bugs, as the TV box has not launched on the usual retail websites yet.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.