NXP has unveiled a new QorIQ communication processor with LS1046A based on quad ARM Cortex-A72 cores, and including 10GbE, PCIe Gen.3, SATA 3.0, and USB 3.0 interfaces. The processors targets CPE and vCPE (virtual Customer Premise Equipment), routers, NAS, and service provider gateways for the home and small office, as well as single board computers.
QorIQ LS1046A key specifications:
- CPU – Four ARM Cortex -A72 cores with 2MB L2 cache; 32,000 CoreMarks.
- Memory – 32-/64-bit DDR4 memory controller
- Storage – SATA 3.0 controller, quad SPI
- 2x 10 Gigabit Ethernet controllers
- 1x 2.5 Gigabit Ethernet controller
- 4x Gigabit Ethernet controllers
- Other peripherals
- 3x PCIe 3.0 Controllers, x4, x2, x 1
- 3x USB 3.0 with integrated PHY
- 4x UART, 4x I2C, SPI, GPIO
- Support for hardware-based virtualization via ARM SMMU
- Packet processing acceleration – Packet classification and distribution; hardware work scheduling, shaping, and buffer management.
- Integrated security engine – High-speed security protocol processing, including IPsec, SSL, DTLS, and IKE. SEC also supports high speed XORing for RAID 5 acceleration
- ARM TrustZone and NXP QorIQ trust architecture – Secure boot, secure debug, tamper detection, secure key storage
- Power consumption – “Total power under 10 W at 1.2 GHz for convection cooled designs”; “7 watt power envelop”
- Package – 23x23mm FCPBGA; pin-to-pin compatible with LS1023A, LS1043A, and LS1088A
The company also mentions LS1026A processor in the product page without much details, but it’s likely the dual core version of the processor.
NXP QorIQ LS1046A processor will become available in Q3 2016.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or cryptocurrencies, become a Patron on Patreon, or buy review samples|