Renesas Mobile has recently announced the MP6530, an LTE communication SoC that targets mid- to high-end smartphones priced between $200 and $400. MP6530 features big.LITTLE technology with 2 ARM Cortex A15 clocked up to 2GHz, and 2 Cortex A7 cores up to 1Ghz, as well as an Imagination Technology PowerVR SGX544 GPU.
Other key features of MP6530 SoC include:
- Dual-channel LPDDR3-standard interface with a bandwidth of 800-MB/s per channel.
- Multimedia capabilities
- Full HD primary display up to [email protected]
- Simultaneous HDMI/MHL external display output (1080p30)
- Full HD WiFi Display
- Support for simultaneous 1080p30 video encoding and decoding
- Up to 20 MP digital SLR-like imaging support
- On-the-fly support with real-time face detection, stabilization, noise filtering to replace digital still cameras
- Integrated LTE Cat-4 modem
- TD-LTE and FDD-LTE Cat-4 (150 Mbps downlink and 50Mbps uplink)
- HSPA+ features such as DC-HSPA+ Cat-24 and HSUPA Cat-7 giving HSPA+ data rates of 42Mbps (DL) /11.5Mbps (UL) respectively, with global coverage.
Samples of the MP6530 platform will be available to Tier 1 OEMs in early 2013. EETimes reports that Renesas will also announce an Octo core communication processor at Mobile World Congress on February 25-28, 2013.