SolidRun has been making ARM based MicroSoMs – tiny system-on-module – for a while, and integrated them in many of their boards such as HummindBoard Edge or ClearFog Pro, and now the company has packed Intel Braswell processors into 52.8 x 40mm MicroSoMs that can be plugged into SolidPC Q4 carrier board.
Two Braswell MicroSoM module have been designed so far: SoM IB8000 and SoM IB3710, which beside having different SoCs, and memory options share most of the same specifications:
- SoM IB8000 – Intel Atom x5-E8000 quad core processor @ 1.04 / 2.0 GHz with 12EU Intel HD graphics @ 320/600 MHz (5W TDP)
- SoM IB3710 – Intel Pentium N3710 quad core processor @ 1.6 / 2.56 GHz with 16EU Intel HD graphics 405 @ 400/700 MHz (6W TDP)
- System Memory
- SoM IB8000 – 1GB (single channel), 2GB, 4GB or 8GB (dual channel)
- SoM IB3710 – Up to 8GB (default size)
- Storage – 64Mbit SPI flash for BIOS/UEFI externally programmable via 8-pin header, optional 4 to 128GB eMMC flash
- Connectivity – 10/100/1000 Mbps Ethernet (RTL8111G)
- MCU – STMicro STM32F042K4U6 ARM Cortex-M4 with 5 generic input/output, 1xHDMI CEC, and 1x IR input connected to main processor via USB.
- Board to Board Connectors – 3x 80-pin Hirose DF40 (1.5mm to 4mm mating) with the following interfaces
- Video Output
- HDMI 1.4b up to 3840×2160 @ 30Hz / 2560×1600 @ 60Hz
- eDP 1.4 up to 2560×1600 @ 60Hz, 24bpp
- Camera I/F – 1x 4-lane MIPI CSI-2, 1x 2-lane MIPI CSI-2
- Storage – 2x SATA 6Gbps, 4x data pins for SD interface
- USB – 4x USB 3.0 including one OTG
- 3x PCIe Gen 2.0 1-lane
- 2x full UART, 1x I2C, GPIOs (multiplexed)
- Audio signals (no details provided)
- Video Output
- Misc – RTC with 3.3v battery on-carrier
- Power Supply – 7V to 21V Vin; PMU: 2 wake up signal and other power management indications
- Dimensions – 52.8 x 40 mm
SolidPC Q4 carrier board key features and ports:
- SoM Model- SOM E8000 or N3710 with up to 8GB DDR3
- Storage – M.2 (2242) SSD Connector
- Video Output – 1x Displayport, 1x HDMI 1.4b up to 4k 30fps
- Connectivity – 2x Gigabit Ethernet (RJ45) with PoE option, M.2 2230 Connector for WiFi/BT
- USB – 3×USB 3.0 Host
- 2×UART Headers
I/O and Misc. Power on Button
- Misc – Reset Button, Infrared receiver, Indication LEDs, battery for RTC
- Power Supply – 7V-21V DC input; Voltage out for carrier board: 2.8A, 2.1A, 1.75A and 1.05A
- Dimensions – 100 × 80mm
The company expect their solutions to be used in industrial PCs, digital signage players, video analytics, security & medical applications, as well as drones.
All products are listed as “coming soon”, and pricing has not been released. More details can be found on SolidRun’s Intel Braswell family page.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.