The original Kangaroo Mobile Desktop PC came with an Intel Atom x5-Z8500 processor, 2GB RAM, and 32GB flash, as well as a small dock to add HDMI, two USB ports, and DC input. The company also launched an upgraded “Plus” version with 4GB RAM and 64GB flash a few months ago, but now they have introduced the Pro version with the same CPU “module”, but a larger dock, making the device over twice as thick by adding a 2.5″ SATA bay, Ethernet, VGA, etc…
Kangaroo Mobile Desktop Pro specifications (bold highlights show difference with original model):
- SoC – Intel Atom x5-Z8500 Processor @ 1.44 GHz (up to 2.24 GHz) with 2M Cache and Intel Gen8 Graphics
- System Memory – 2GB LPDDR3
- Storage – 32GB eMMC + micro SD slot + 2.5″ slot for SSD or HDD
- Video Output – HDMI and VGA
- Audio Output – HDMI and 3.5mm audio jack
- Connectivity – 10/100M Ethernet, Wi-Fi 802.11ac & Bluetooth 4.0
- USB – 2x USB 2.0, 1x USB 3.0, 1x micro USB OTG port
- Misc – Fingerprint reader, power button, LED indicator
- Battery – 2,200 mAh battery for up to 4 hours
- Power Supply – 12V/3A
- Dimensions – 86 x 171 x 32.2 mm
- Weight – ~690 grams (package weight ???)
InFocus Kangaroo Pro can be purchased now on Newegg for $199.99. If you already own a Kangaroo Mobile Desktop, in theory you should be able to replace the small dock with the bigger dock, but sadly the company does not appear to sell the Pro Dock separately, or just not yet.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.