Smartwatches and wearables in general have to main implementations for the user interfaces, either using a display and physical button, or a touch screen display. Asu Cast 1 changed all that, as they removed the display, using a touch panel (no screen) combined with a projector, using your hand or other surfaces.
Asu Cast One smartwatch projector specifications:
- SoC – Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 (APQ8026) processor @ 1.2 GHz
- System Memory – 768 MB RAM
- Storage – 4GB flash
- Projector – 1280 x 600 resolution, 15 lumens brightness (equivalent to 100 lumens DLP projectors), “screen” size: 2″ to 60″.
- Touch panel – Multi-touch
- Connectivity – WiFi and Bluetooth
- Sensors – Gravity sensor and gyroscope
- Battery – 740 mAh battery
- Dimensions – 50 x 41 x 14.6 mm
- Weight – 65.9 grams
The thing runs a heavily customized version of Android 5.1, and supports DLNA, Miracast and Airplay. The company did not disclose battery life data, but mentioned that “watching the video is a huge challenge for the battery life”, and that’s why a “Home Dock” holding and charging the watch is also available.
Asu Cast 1 is now sold in China for 2980 RMB (~$457 US).
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or become a Patron on Patreon|