When I reviewed Voyo V3 mini PC based on Intel Atom x7-Z8700 processor, I was quite satisfied with the experience thanks to very fast storage with decent capacity (120 GB), the fastest Cherry Processor available combined with 4GB RAM which made for a pretty good experience under Windows 10 for just under $200. However, the mini PC networking capabilities suffer, with the lack of Ethernet, and WiFi limited to 802.11n @ 2.4 GHz. Beelink has been working on their own Atom x7 mini PC, namely Beelink BT7, with both Gigabit Ethernet & dual band WiFi, as well as various SSD options up to 320 GB.
Beelink BT7 mini PC specifications:
- SoC – Intel Atom x7-Z8700 Cherry Trail quad core processor @ 1.60 GHz/2.40 GHz (turbo) with Intel Gen8 HD graphics @ 600MHz with 16EU (2W SDP)
- System Memory – 4 GB DDR3
- Storage – 64, 128, or 320 GB SSD storage, SD card slot up to 128GB
- Video Output – HDMI up to 4K resolution
- Audio – 3.5mm headphone jack and HDMI
- Connectivity – Gigabit Ethernet, dual band 802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi, and Bluetooth 4.0 (AP6234)
- USB – 3x USB 3.0 host ports
- Misc – Power button and LED, reset pinhole, RTC battery
- Power Supply – 12V/2A
- Dimensions – 119.5 x 119.5 x 22.5 mm (aluminum case; optional wall mount brackets)
- Temperature Range – 5 to 35 C (which could be a problem in some countries…)
The system will run Windows 10 Home 64-bit, and the company claims to have optimized thermal design with high thermal conductivity heatsink, multiple thermal pads, and a “lower noise cooling fan”.
The mini PC will launch this month, but no details about price have been provided at this stage.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
Any chance to run Linux on this?
no price no party.
“low noise cooling fan” …4500-5000 rpm… maybe with 4×4 cm fan… it’s a oxymoron
Thing is about Beelink – they never answer emails and their support is quite poor. So they’re very cheap – for a reason.
About service, we are working to improve ，We have already set up a professional service team， What is the problem you can contact me. E mail :[email protected]
Beelink BT7 Mini PC is now on GearBest @ http://www.gearbest.com/tv-box-mini-pc/pp_362733.html
64 GB version – coupon: GBBT76 $168.99
128 GB version – coupon: GBBT72 $195.99
320 GB version – coupon: GBBT73 $249.99
Pricing looks quite good for the specs.
Linux should run fine using a patched kernel -> http://www.cnx-software.com/2016/04/19/hdmi-audio-in-linux-is-now-working-on-cherry-trail-mini-pcs-openelec-7-0-image-released/
Alternatively simply install Ubuntu 16.04 image release by Linuxium, which already include those changes -> http://linuxiumcomau.blogspot.com/2016/04/ubuntu-1604-iso-for-intel-atom-compute.html
My model only supports 2.4 GHz WiFi, no 5 GHz.
@Jean-Luc Aufranc (CNXSoft)
Linixium released some new images in a more recent blog-post:
My device doesnt work. i was to be gear best to ‘flash the item’. how do i do that?
i got a link to download Beelink BT7 win10 Drivers