- Bluetooth Smart SoC – Nordic Semi nRF52832 ARM Cortex-M4F micro-controller @ 64 MHz
- Bluetooth 4.2 LE/smart, Bluetooth 5.0 Ready; up to 80 meters range in open space
- On-chip NFC support
- Expansion – 8x through holes with 6x GPIOs, and 2x power signals
- Sensors – MAC3110 magnetometer, on-chip temperature sensor
- Misc – 1x tactile button, 4x LEDs (R, G, B, IR)
- Battery – CR2032 210mAh battery good for about a year (application dependent)
- Dimensions – 35mm diameter, 10mm thick; water-resistant silicon rubber cover
Possible applications include lost/found tag, reminder button, IR remote button, motion detection, enabling common tasks with your smartphone such as starting to play music without touching your phone… The I/Os, and LEDs can also be controlled from a mobile app, and it can be embedded into electronics projects such as simple robots. Multiple Puke.js can also be arranged in a mesh interacting with each other.
The project is now fully funded on Kickstarter with 23 days to go. A single Puke.js beacon will require a 28 GBP ($37 US) pledge, but other rewards include up to 50 beacons at a lower price per unit. Shipping adds 2 GBP to the UK, and 4 GBP to the rest of the world for the single unit pledge. Delivery is scheduled for December 2016.