Last month, we found out that Espressif has made a smaller version of ESP8266 targeting wearables called ESP8285, but the only development board available at the time was quite more expensive than usual at about $25. ITEAD has now released an ESP8285 module with some I/Os and an IPEX connector which they sell for just $1.99 + shipping.
- SoC – Espressif ESP8285 Tensila WiFi SoC @ 80/160 MHz with 1MB flash
- WiFi 802.11 b/g/n/d/e/i/k/r with support for STA/AP/STA+AP modes, WPA/WPA2 PSK and WEP security
- Antenna – IPEX connector (antenna not included) or “stamp hole interface”
- Expansion – 24-pin with GPIO, PWM, UART up to 460800 bps, SPI, ADC,
- Power Supply – 3.3 V
- Dimensions – 13.7 x 13.4 mm
More technical information include the schematics (PDF only) and ESP8285 datasheet can be found in the Wiki, which sadly does not contain any software / getting started information, but those should be the exactly same as for ESP8266.
Thanks to Nanik for the tip.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or become a Patron on Patreon|