With electronics getting cheaper and smaller everyday, I’m expecting medical diagnostic / monitoring tools with become more convenient and affordable, and products from the more advanced Scanadu, to much simpler Bluetooth blood pressure monitors will help people better monitor their health themselves. I’ll also getting frequent request about the availability of soon-to-be FDA approved Omron Project Zero blood pressure smartwatch. Today I’ve come across a simple $16.51 Bluetooth Smart bracelet that could be useful to monitor the temperature of sick babies or very young children.
- Connectivity – Bluetooth 4.0 LE with up 18 meters range
- Sensor – Temperature between 32 and 43 degree Celsius with -/+ 0.1 deg. accuracy
- Smartphone compatibility – Android 4.3+ or IOS 7.0+
- Functions – Thermometer; Temperature Alarm; Medical Records; Health Management, Cloud Backup.
- Power Supply – CR2032 battery
- Wristband Length – 14~19cm
- Weight – 19 g
The band must be worn in such as way that the temperature probe is placed under the armpit. I could not find links to the app yet. That type of product is actually pretty common, and some – such as Vipose i-Fever – also include an LCD display.