I published pictures of Amlogic S912 TV box boards just over a month ago, and it appears companies have started to take orders from resellers for Amlogic S912 TV boxes with products such Videostrong KM8 Pro, or the one I’m going to cover in this post: QINTAIX Q912.
QINTAIX Q912 specifications:
- SoC – Amlogic S912 octa-core ARM Cortex A53 processor @ up to 2.0GHz with ARM Mali-820MP3 @ up to 750MHz
- System Memory – 2GB DDR3
- Storage – 8GB or 16GB eMMC flash + micro SD slot
- Video Output – HDMI 2.0 and AV ports
- Audio Output – HDMI, AV, and optical S/PDIF
- Video codecs – VP9 profile 2 up to 4K @ 60 fps, H.265 MP-10@L5.1 up to 4K 60fps, H.264 AVC up to 4K @ 30 fps, H.264 MVC up to 1080p60, MPEG-4, WMV/VC-1 SP/MP/AP, AVS-P16(AVS+)/AVS-P2 JiZhun Profile, MPEG-2 MP/HL, MPEG-1 MP/HL, and RealVIDEO 8/9/10 all up to 1080p60
- Audio codecs – MP3, AAC, RM, FLAC, Ogg, support for 7.1/5.1 down-mixing; dual stereo output
- Connectivity – Gigabit Ethernet, dual band WiFi 802.11 b/g/n + Bluetooth 4.0
- USB – 3x USB 2.0 ports
- Misc – IR receiver, power button, front-panel LCD display, LEDs
- Power Supply – 5V/2.5A
- Power consumption – 5 watts typical; less than 0.02W in standby mode (TBC)
- Dimensions & weight – N/A (aluminum enclosure)
The TV box runs Android 6.0, and by default ships with one IR remote control, one HDMI cable, a power adapter, and a quick install guide.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.