NEXBOX A1 was one of the first announcements of an Android TV box powered by Amlogic S912 SoC, but there weren’t many details at the time. Since then several other boxes has been announced, but few have prices, and GearBest now informed me that they were taking pre-orders for NEXBOX A1 for $70.99 including shipping with coupon GBNA1.
- SoC – Amlogic S912 octo-core ARM Cortex A53 processor @ up to 2.0GHz with ARM Mali-820MP3 @ up to 750MHz
- System Memory – 2GB DDR3
- Storage – 16GB eMMC flash and SD slot up to 32GB
- Video Output – HDMI 2.0 and AV ports
- Audio Output – HDMI, AV, and optical S/PDIF
- Connectivity – Gigabit Ethernet, dual band WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0
- USB – 2x USB 2.0 ports
- Misc – IR receiver, power button
- Power Supply – 5V/2A
- Dimensions- 9.3 x 9.3 x 1.5 cm
- Weight – 190 grams
So the specifications don’t differ much from the competition. NEXBOX A1 also runs Android 6.0, and ships with the usual accessories, namely an IR remote control, an HDMI cable, a power adapter, and an English manual.
However unless you want to make sure you’ll be one of the first to receive the device, there’s no rush to buy right now, since shipping is scheduled for September 17th, 2016.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.