After Samsung Z1, and Samsung Z3, Samsung defied “mathematical incrementation wisdom”, and launched Samsung Z2 Tizen smartphone, which happens to be the very first Tizen phone supporting 4G networks.
Tizen Z2 is definitely an entry level smartphone as the specification show:
- SoC – Spreadtrum SC9830i quad core Cortex A7 processor @ 1.5 GHz with Mali 400MP2 GPU
- System Memory – 1GB RAM
- Storage – 8GB flash + micro SD slot up to 128GB
- Display – 4″ WVGA TFT display
- Cellular Connectivity – 4G LTE Cat.4
- Camera – 5MP rear camera with LED flash, 0.3MP front camera
- Battery – 1,500 mAh battery
The device caters to the Indian market with Samsung’s ‘Make for India’ features such as the “Ultra Data Saving mode, S bike mode and the new My Money Transfer”. The phone also includes a preview version of Jio services to access music and videos on demand.
Samsung Z3 will be sold for 4,590 INR (~$68) in India starting on August 29th. More details may be found on Samsung Z2 product page.
Via Tizen Experts
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.