Axiomtek has just launched eBOX800-841-FL rugged IP67-rated fanless embedded system for “outdoor critical applications” such as the Industrial Internet of Things (IIOT) gateways. The waterproof mini PC is powered by a quad core Intel Atom E3845 Bay Trail-I processor, and supports temperatures between -30°C to 60°C.
- SoC – Intel Atom E3845 quad core processor @ up to 1.91 GHz with Intel HD graphics (10W TDP)
- System Memory – 204-pin SO-DIMM DDR3L-1066/1333 slot up to 8 GB RAM
- Storage – 1 x mSATA, 1x 2.5″ SATA HDD, 1x CFAST slot
- Video Output – VGA (M12 screw type)
- 2x 10/100/1000Mbps Ethernet (M12 type)
- WiFI & LTE via mini PCIe slots
- 1x SIM socket
- 4x N-jack waterproof antenna connectors
- USB – 2x USB 2.0 ports (M12 type)
- Serial ports – 2 x RS-232/422/485 ports (M12 type)
- 1x full-size PCI Express Mini Card slot (USB + PCI Express signal)
- 1x half-size PCI Express Mini Card slot (USB + PCI Express signal)
- Misc – Watchdog Timer, 1x green LED for system power-on
- Power Supply – 9 to 36V DC power input
- Dimensions – 210 x 366.8 x 83 mm
- Weight – 4.15 kg
- IP Rating – IP67
- Temperature Range – -30°C ~ +60°C (with the right RAM/storage devices)
- Relative Humidity – 10% ~ 95% non-condensing
- Vibration – 3 Grams with SSD @ 5 ~ 500Hz
- Certifications – CE, FCC
This all weather rugged mini PC supports Wall and VESA mounts, and by default ships with a waterproof power cable (1 m), a waterproof VGA cable (1.8 m), a waterproof USB 2.0 cable (1.8 m), a quick manual, and a driver CD.
One of the ways the company made the computer waterproof was not to use “standard” ports like USB (type A), Ethernet (RJ45), etc.. , but instead M12 and N-jack connectors, with which the cables can be firmly tightened and waterproof joints used.
The company mentions Windows 7 and Windows 10 IoT are supported on the computer, but since it’s based on the same Atom E3845 SoC used in MinnowBoard Turbot SBC, other operating systems such as Debian, Ubuntu, or Android 4.4 should also run on the device, possibly with some extra work needed on the drivers side.
Axiomtek eBOX800-841-FL will be available in November 2016 at an undisclosed price, and a few more details can be found in the product page.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.