Google has been introducing several “MadebyGoogle” device including the latest Chromecast Ultra support 4K and HDR, but it’s not the only 4K HDMI dongle to stream videos from your phone that’s about to be release as EZCast sticks are also getting an upgrade with EZCast 4K dongle supporting 4K Miracast, DLNA, and EZCast own protocol.
- Connectivity – 802.11ac (2.4 GHz/5 GHz) WiFi, Ethernet port (on power adapter)
- Video Output – HDMI 2.0 up to 4K resolution, HDR support
- USB – 1x micro USB port for power and data
- Dimensions – 58.20 ⌀ x 13.7 mm
- Weight – 47 grams (device); 101 grams (power adapter)
Chromecast Ultra ships with a power cable (2m) and a power adapter with an Ethernet port. The device can be used with devices and/or computers running Android 4.1 and higher, iOS 8.0 and higher, Mac OS X 10.9 and higher, Windows 7 and higher.
- SoC – Actions Semi AM8270 dual core processor @ 1.0+ GHz
- System Memory – 512MB DDR3 RAM
- Storage – 256 MB NAND flash for firmware
- Connectivity – 802.11ac WiFi
- Video output – HDMI up to 4K resolution @ 30 Hz with MHL support
- Video Codec – 4K H.265 decoding
- Wireless streaming/mirroring standards – Miracast, Airplay, EZCast, DLNA
- USB – 1x micro USB port
- Power Supply – MHL or USB (5V/1A) selectable through switch
EZCast 4K is said to work with platforms running Android 4.4+, Windows 7+, iPhone 4S+(iOS9+), Mac 10.10+, and Chrome OS 39+ with EZCast app. One advantage of the stick is that it can work without external power supply thanks to MHL support.
Price and availability information has not been released for far. EZCast 4K can be bought for $49.99 with coupon EZCast4K81N03. Delivery is scheduled for November 1st. Some more information may be found on EZCast 4K page.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or become a Patron on Patreon|