There has already been several dongles released to the mark that support Miracast, Airplay, and DLNA, either a subset, or a combination of the standards. One of the cheapest is iPush that now sells in the low $20, but there are different models, and one of them is only supporting DLNA. A couple of months later, EZCast was released with support for DLNA, as well as Miracast and Airplay (with some limitations), and their own EZCast support. EZCast is supported on several hardware dongles that often sell for about $35 to $45, and although it’s not outrageously expensive, you can get full single or dual core Android HDMI TV for this price. I’ve just come across a new product called Tronsmart T1000 Mirror2TV sold for $29.99 including shipping by GeekBuying, and a couple of sellers on Aliexpress, that appears to be another EZCast dongle with support for Miracast, Airplay, and DLNA.
Here are the (tentative) specifications I could gather from various sources:
- SoC- Action Semi AM8251 @ 600MHz (MIPS)
- System memory – 128 MB DDR3 RAM
- Storage – 128 MB NAND Flash
- Video output – HDMI v1.3 with HDCP 2.x – 480p, 720p or 1080p resolution
- Wi-Fi – 802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi (Realtek RTL8188) with WEP, WPA and WPA2 support
- Standards – Miracast, Airplay, DLNA, and EZCast
- Video container formats – avi, .divx, .mkv, .ts, .dat, .vob, .mpg, .mpeg, .mov, .mp4, .rm, .rmvb, .wmv,
- Audio formats / codecs – MP1/MP2,/MP3, WMA, OGG, ADPCM-WAV, PCM-WAV, AAC etc
- USB – micro USB port for power and connect the external USB cable with Wi-Fi module
- Power – 5V/1A
- Dimensions – 6.5×2.5×0.9 cm
- Weight – 15 grams
The dongle comes with a USB cable with wifi module and an installation guide. There’s no HDMI cable, and apparently no power supply, but the USB port of your TV should do. EZcast is available for PC (Windows or Mac OS), Android tablets and smartphones, and iOS devices (iPhone/iPad), and can be downloaded here. Airplay screen mirroring is not working at this time, and iOS devices can only play videos and music, display pictures, and web pages to your TV.
It should work with most devices running Android 4.2.x, including Chinese smartphones based on Mediatek SoC, and tablets based on Rockchip. EZCast is still work in progress, as you can see from users’ feedback on EZCast community on G+.
Tronsmart T1000 looks very much like Visonicom VMD-EZ153, which may, or may not, be the manufacturer of the device.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or become a Patron on Patreon|