In a recent article about Sonoff TH10/TH16 WiFi relays with sensor probes support, we also saw that ITEAD Studio started to have a nice family of home automation products. The company has now added one more item to the Sonoff family with Sonoff Pow support up to 16A/3500W input, and the first to also include power consumption measurements.
- SoC – Espressif ESP8266 Tensila L106 32-bit MCU up to 80/160 MHz with WiFi
- Connectivity – 802.11 b/g/n WiFi with WPA/WPA2 support
- Relay – HF152F-T relay with 90 to 250 VAC input, up to 16A (3500 Watts)
- Terminals – 6 terminal for mains and load’s ground, live and neutral signals.
- Programming – Unpopulated 4-pin header for flashing external firmware
- Misc – LEDs for power and WiFi status, power consumption circuitry with 1% accuracy.
- Dimensions – 114 x 52 x 32mm
- Temperature range – -40 ℃ to 125 ℃
There’s some limited info on the Wiki, and I could not find any API incase you want to measure the power consumption from your own app or program. But at least they’ve release the schematics showing HLW8012 chip (Datasheet in Chinese) is used to measure power consumption, and is connected to ESP8266 via SCL and PWM1 pins. The 4-pin header would also allow you to flash you own firmware relatively easily on the board.
The company also mentions “this is a customizable product. Based on the original prototype, we can make the customized prototype that meets your requirements”, so if you order in quantities you should be able to get a slightly modified hardware and customized firmware.
ITEAD Studio home automation products used not to have any kind of CE/FCC/UL/TUV/ETL certifications, but the company recently got CE certification for their Sonoff switch, which explains the CE logo on the unit.
Sonoff Pow is available now for $10.50 plus shipping.
Thanks to Harley for the tip.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.