There are plenty of Android car systems for sale with DVR and/or GPS navigation capabilities on the net, but sometimes they lack some features, or come in a 2 DIN form factor, which is nice if you know how to disable your car dashboard, but it might be a little complicated if you don’t. An alternative is to get an Android rear view mirror, but obviously the display is much smaller, and it reduces the usable space on the rear view mirror to see what’s going on behind. However, this morning I’ve come across Junsun H552C Android 4.4 system with a 7″ display, rear and front cameras, and GPS navigation system that might be easier to install since it sits on top of the dashboard, and is selling for $118.54 on Dealextreme.
Junsun H552C specifications:
- Processor – Quad core CPU @ 1.3 GHz
- System Memory – 1GB RAM
- Storage – 16 GB flash (13.07GB available for apps and data) + micro SD slot up to 32GB
- Display – 7″ touch screen display with 1920×1080 resolution
- Camera – 2.0 Wide angle (170°) front camera for 1080p recording + external rear camera (140° angle) for 720p recording; simultaneous recording support; PiP display with both camera shown on display
- Video – AV input
- Audio – Built-in microphone and speaker
- GPS ( SiRF Star III module) with built-in antenna
- WiFi & Bluetooth 4.0
- FM transmitter to output audio to car speaker
- Navigation – Sygic maps for US and Canada
- USB – 1x mini USB port
- Sensor – G-Shock Sensor to automatically save the record video in case of collision
- Battery – 8,000 mAh battery
- Dimensions – 12 cm x 4.4 cm x 8.4 cm
- Weight – 750 grams
Maps appear limited to North America, but descriptions on DX are often incorrect, and since the system is running Android 4.4, you should be able to install your own GPS navigation app.
About the map, if you want to update the map, please contact us, we will upload it to the “Dropbox”, please do not download in other places, otherwise it will damage the original map. Update map time: once a year
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.