ADL Embedded Solutions, a US company specializing in… embedded solutions, has unveiled ADLE3800SEC embedded single board computer (SBC) optimized for size, weight and power (SWAP), based on an Intel Atom E3800 Bay Trail-I processor with HDMI, SATA dual Gigabit Ethernet, etc… The board is the first one part of the company’s Edge-Connect architecture defined a 75x75mm form factor with an edge connector exposing additional I/Os for breakout boards.
ADLE3800SEC board specifications:
- Intel Atom E3827 dual core Bay Trail-I processor @ up to 1.75GHz with 1MB cache, Intel Gen7 graphics (8W TDP) OR
- Intel Atom E3845 quad core Bay Trail-I [email protected] up to 1.91GHz with 2MB cache, Intel Gen 7 Graphics (10W TDP)
- System Memory – Up to 4GB DDR3-1333MHz (soldered on-board)
- Storage – 1x M.2 socket(Key B, 2242); 1x SATA 2.0 (6GB/s) via edge connector
- Video Output
- 1x HDMI up to 1920 x 1200 or 1x DisplayPort up to 2560×1600
- 1x DisplayPort via edge connector
- Connectivity – 2x Gigabit Ethernet ports (RJ45)
- USB – 1x USB 3.0 ports, 1x USB 2.0 port, 2x USB 2.0 interfaces via edge connector
- Other Expansion via edge connector – 2x PCIe, SM-Bus
- Misc – Optional low profile heat spreader; optional conformal coating of CPU board & underfill of BGA components
- Power Supply – 20 to 30V DC
- Dimensions – 75 x 75 mm
- Temperature Range — Optional for extended temperature screen -40 to 85°C
The board can run Linux or Windows 7/8/10. Typical applications would include UAV and UUV unmanned systems, industrial control systems, government and defense, video surveillance, small scale robotics, remote data-logging, man-wearable computing, etc…
The company did not disclose pricing info, but you should be able to find more info and if needed, inquire ADL Embedded Solutions via ADLE3800SEC SBC product page.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.