We’ve already seem Intrinsyc’s Snapdragon 820 development board and module, but there’s now an alternative thanks to Inforce Computing 6601 micro SoM which is pin-to-pin compatible to the company’s earlier Inforce 6401 and Inforce 6501 Micro SOMs, also based on Qualcomm Snapdragon processors, and works with the same SYS6501 carrier board.
Inforce Computing 6601 Micro SoM specifications:
- SoC – Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 (APQ8096) quad core ARMv8 processor with two “Gold” cores up to 2.2 GHz, two “Silver” cores up to 1.6 GHz, Adreno 530 GPU with support for OpenGL ES 3.2, OpenCL 2.0, and Vulkan, as well as Hexagon 680 DSP up to 825 MHz
- System Memory – 4GB LPDDR4 @ 1866 MHz
- Storage – 64GB UFS 2.0 gear 3 flash up to 5.83Gbps, 1x micro SD card 3.0 interface for support for to HS400, optional eMMC 5.1 flash.
- Connectivity – Bluetooth 4.1 & 2×2 dual band 802.11 b/g/n/ac Wi-Fi (QCA6174), and GPS (WGR4310)
- Peripherals and I/O via two 100-pin SoM connectors:
- Video / Display – 1x HDMI 2.0, dual MIPI-DSI (4-lane) & touch screen
- 4x Line out, 3x Mic-in, 2x headphone out
- On-board WDC9355 audio codec
- Codec support for MP3, AAC + eAAC, WMA 9/Pro, Dolby AC-3, eAC-3, DTS
- Camera – 3x MIPI-CSI (3x 4-lane) up to 28 MP with zero shutter lag
- USB – 1x USB 2.0 host port, 1x USB 3.0 host/OTG port
- 1x PCIe, 1x SDC, SLIMBUS
- JTAG, 8x GPIO, 12x BLSPs for UART, I2C, and SPI
- Video / Image Capabilities
- H.264 playback and capture @4K60
- H.265 playback @4K60 and capture @4K30
- VP9 playback up to 4K60
- Dual 14-bit Spectra ISP with support for up to 1.2GPix/sec throughput
- Power Supply – +3.3V/6A DC input; On-module MA8996 MIC
- Dimensions – 50 x 28 mm
- Weight – 11 grams
- Temperature Range – Operating: 0° C to 70° C; Storage: -20° C to 80° C
- Certifications – RoHS and WEEE compliant, FCC.
The company provides Android 6.0 Marshmallow / Linaro Ubuntu Linux BSPs for the module, as well as several free Qualcomm SDK such as Vuforia VR, Alljoyn proximity connectivity, FastCV computer vision, Symphony System Manager, and Snapdragon for facial recognition. SYS6601 development kit includes a Inforce 6601 Micro SOM pre-loaded with either Linux and Android, a mini-ITX baseboard, and other accessories.