FriendlyELEC has introduced an update to NanoPi M1 board, aptly named NanoPi M1 Plus with a similar form factor and Allwinner H3 processor, but adding Gigabit Ethernet, 802.11 b/g/n WiFi & Bluetooth, and an 8GB eMMC flash, at the expense of one USB port that had to go to make place for the new features, and it got a little wider too.NanoPi M1 Plus board specifications:
- SoC – Allwinner H3 quad core Cortex A7 @ 1.2 GHz with an ARM Mali-400MP2 GPU up to 600 MHz
- System Memory – 1GB DDR3
- Storage – 8GB eMMC flash + micro SD card slot
- Video & Audio Output – HDMI and 3.5mm jack for CVBS (composite + stereo audio)
- Connectivity – Gigabit Ethernet, 802.11 b/g/n WiFi and Bluetooth 4.0 dual mode (classic + low energy) with chip antenna and IPEX/u.FL connector
- USB – 2x USB 2.0 host ports, 1x 4-pin USB 2.0 host header, 1x micro USB OTG port..
- Camera – 24-pin DVP camera Interface
- Expansions – 40-pin Raspberry Pi “mostly” compatible header with UART, SPI, I2C, I2S/PCM, SPDIF-OUT and GPIOs
- Debugging – 4-pin header for serial console
- Misc – Power and reset buttons; 2x LEDs; IR receiver; on-board microphone.
- Power Supply – 5V/2A via micro USB port; 4.7V ~ 5.6V via VDD pin on “Raspberry Pi” header.
- Dimensions – 64 x 60mm
The company provides Debian, Ubuntu MATE, and Ubuntu Core with Qt Embedded images with 3D acceleration and hardware video decoding for the board, and some documentation in the Wiki. But it should also support Armbian, possibly without WiFi and eMMC flash support right now.
NanoPi M1 Plus is now sold for $29.99 + shipping on the company website. Note that the company has made an habit of launching products at a promotional price, and after a few months the price may go up a little. For example, the original NanoPi M1 was launched for $11, but it is now sold for $14.99.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or become a Patron on Patreon|