We’ve already written about Android 7.1 on Amlogic earlier with week with an overview of the system and SDK from a developer, and there were some issues and user interface inconsistencies. However, I’ve just seen GeekBuying is now taking order for Amlogic S912 powered Mecool KM8 P TV box running Android 7.1 for $38.99 and up.
- SoC – Amlogic S912 octa-core ARM Cortex A53 processor @ up to 1.5 GHz with ARM Mali-820MP3
- System Memory – 1 or 2GB DDR3
- Storage – 8 or 16GB eMMC flash and micro SD slot up to 32GB
- Video & Audio Output – HDMI 2.0a up to 4K @ 60Hz with CEC and HDR support, and 3.5mm AV port (composite + stereo audio)
- Connectivity – 10/100M Ethernet, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n
- USB – 2x USB 2.0 ports
- Misc – IR receiver, status and network LEDs
- Power Supply – 5V/2A
- Dimensions – 97 x 97 x 10 mm
The box ships with an IR remote control, a power adapter, a HDMI cable, and a user’s manual. It’s running Android 7.1 with Kodi 17.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.