Zidoo has sold two TV boxes based on Realtek RTD1295 so far with Zidoo X9S and Zidoo X8, and the company has done a pretty good job based on my review of Zidoo X9S. Both models run Android 6.0 with HDMI input recording and broadcasting functions, as well as OpenWrt for NAS functions, with X8 model relying on USB 3.0 storage, and X9S adding an external SATA port. It would be nice to have a model with an internal SATA bay, and it’s exactly what Zidoo X10 brings to the table.
Zidoo X10 specifications with highlights in bold showing differences with Zidoo X9S:
- SoC – Realtek RTD1295 quad core Cortex A53 processor with ARM Mali-T820 MP3 GPU
- System Memory – 2GB DDR3
- Storage – 16GB eMMC flash + micro SD slot up to 32GB + SATA 3.0 bay for 3.5″ hard drives
- Video I/O – HDMI 2.0a output up to 4K @ 60 Hz (23.976 and 29.94 Hz supports) with HDCP 2.2, AV output, and HDMI 2.0 input with HDCP 2.2 input (recording and streaming up to 1080p @ 60 Hz)
- Audio I/O – HDMI in and out, 1x S/PDIF output, AV port
- Video Playback – HDR, 10-bit HEVC/H.265 up to 4K @ 60fps, VP9 up to 4K @ 60 fps (rather 30 fps based on my tests), H.264 up to 4K @ 24 fps, automatic frame rate switching
- Audio Features – 7.1 channel audio pass-through
- Connectivity – Gigabit Ethernet, 802.11ac WiFi and Bluetooth 4.0 (Realtek RTL8821 module) with two external high-gain antennas
- USB – 1x USB 3.0, 2x USB 2.0 ports
- Misc – IR receiver, VFD display, cooling fan
- Power Supply – 12V/3A (more power for the 3.5″ drive)
- Dimensions – 197 x 197 x 65 mm (aluminum alloy enclosure)
All differences are related to the SATA bay which requires a larger & heavier device, a beefier power supply, and a cooling fan. Firmware-wise I’d expect all the features I documented in Zidoo X9S review, plus new features launched since then such as Blu-ray menu navigation and a new external subtitles system with rich settings and ASS/SSA support.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or become a Patron on Patreon|