I’ve reviewed CHUWI LapBook 14.1 laptop earlier this year with an Intel Celeron N3450 Apollo Lake processor, 14.1″ Full HD display and 4GB RAM, and found it to work reasonably well for the price in Windows 10, as well as Ubuntu 17.04. The company has been working on another model called CHUWI LapBook 12.3 with the same processor, but a smaller yet higher resolution 12.3″ 2K display, more memory (6GB RAM), 64GB eMMC flash, and support for M.2 SSDs up to 256 GB.
CHUWI LapBook 12.3 specifications with highlight in bold showing differences against LapBook 14.1 model:
- SoC – Intel Celeron N3450 quad core “Apollo Lake” processor @ 1.1 GHz / 2.2 GHz (Burst frequency) and 12 EU Intel HD graphics 500 @ 200 MHz / 700 MHz (Burst freq.); 6W TDP
- System Memory – 6GB DDR3
- Storage – 64 GB eMMC flash + micro SD slot up to 128 GB + M.2 SSD up to 256 GB
- Display – 12.3″ display with 2736 x 1824 (2K) resolution; 3:2 aspect ratio
- Video Output – 1x micro HDMI port
- Audio – HDMI, 3.5mm audio jack, built-in stereo speakers and microphone
- Connectivity – Dual band 802.11 b/g/n/ac WiFi, and Bluetooth 4.0. (Intel Wireless AC-3165 module)
- Camera – 2.0MP front-facing camera
- USB – 1x USB 2.0 host port, 1x USB 3.0 port
- Power Supply – TBD
- Battery – 8,000mAh / 7.6V (60.8 Wh) Polymer Li-ion battery
- Dimensions – 300 x 223 x 16.7 mm
- Weight – 1.44 kg (vs 1.74 kg for 14.1 model); all metal body
So apart from the extra memory, different display, a smaller battery, and of course, dimensions and weight both laptops are pretty similar. CHUWI LapBook 12.3 will first sell with Windows 10, and later the company plans to offer an Ubuntu version.
The laptop will be released in May for $349 which you can compare to the $260 for CHUWI LapBook 14.1. GearBest has already listed the laptop on their website, where you can register to get an arrival notice, once it is up for sale or pre-order.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or become a Patron on Patreon|