We’ve fist seen Allwinner H2(+) quad core Cortex A7 processor in cheap development boards such as Orange Pi Zero, but the processor main market is actually “Basic OTT TV boxes” for 1080p video playback, and Sunvell R69 TV box is one of the first of those, and comes with 1GB RAM & 8GB storage.
- SoC – Allwinner H2 quad core Cortex A7 processor @ up to 1.5 GHz (TBC) with Mali-400MP2 GPU
- System Memory – 1GB DDR3
- Storage – 8GB flash + micro SD slot up to 32GB
- Video & Audio Output – HDMI 1.4 output up to 1080p60, AV port (composite video + stereo audio)
- Video Codec – H.265 / H.264 up to 1080p
- Connectivity – 10/100M Ethernet, 802.11 b/g/n WiFi (via XR819 chipset)
- USB – 2x USB 2.0 ports
- Power Supply – 5V/2A
- Dimensions – 9 x 9.5 x 1.8 cm
- Weight – 200 grams
The box runs Android 4.4, which means Kodi 17 won’t be supported as Android 5.0 Lollipop or greater is required, but you can always install Kodi 16.0 if it is not pre-loaded yet. The media player ships an IR remote control, a HDMI cable, an a power adapter.
Sunvell R69 is currently sold on GearBest for $23.99 including shipping when using GBSR69 coupon. That’s about $5 to $10 cheaper than entry level Amlogic S905X TV boxes capable of handling 4K videos with similar specs (1GB RAM/8GB storage). The price is also very close to Rockchip RK3229 TV boxes catering for the same market (1080p Android media player).
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.