STMicro has recently introduced B-L475E-IOT01A Discovery kit powered by STM32L4 Cortex-M4 and targeting IoT nodes with a choice of connectivity options including WiFi, Bluetooth LE, NFC, and sub-GHZ RF at 868 or 915 MHz, as well as a long list of various environmental sensors.
B-L475E-IOT01A Discovery kit key features and specifications:
- MCU – STM32L4 Series MCU based on ARM Cortex -M4 core with 1 MB Flash memory, 128 KB SRAM
- Storage – 64 Mbit (8MB) Quad-SPI Flash memory (Macronix)
- Bluetooth 4.1 LE module (SPBTLE-RF)
- Sub-GHz (868 or 915 MHz) low-power-programmable RF module (SPSGRF-868 or SPSGRF-915)
- Wi-Fi module based on Inventek ISM43362-M3G-L44 (802.11 b/g/n compliant)
- Dynamic NFC tag based on M24SR with its printed NFC antenna
- 2x digital omni-directional microphones (MP34DT01)
- Capacitive digital sensor for relative humidity and temperature (HTS221)
- 3-axis magnetometer (LIS3MDL)
- 3D accelerometer and 3D gyroscope (LSM6DSL)
- 260-1260 hPa absolute digital output barometer (LPS22HB)
- Time-of-Flight and gesture-detection sensor (VL53L0X)
- USB – 1x micro USB OTG port (Full speed)
- Expansion – Arduino UNO V3 headers, PMOD header
- Debugging – On-board ST-LINK/V2-1 debugger/programmer with USB re-enumeration capability: mass storage, virtual COM port and debug port
- Misc – 2 push-buttons (user and reset)
- Power Supply – 5V via ST LINK USB VBUS or external sources
The board supports ARM mbed online compiler, but can also be programmed using IDEs such as IAR, Keil, and GCC-based IDEs. STMicro also provides HAL libraries and code samples as part of the STM32Cube Package, as well as X-CUBE-AWS expansion software to connect to the Amazon Web Services (AWS) IoT platform.
You’ll find documentation, hardware design files, software, and tools on the product page, where you’ll also be able to purchase the board for $51.94 with either a 868 or 915 MHz RF module.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or cryptocurrencies, become a Patron on Patreon, or buy review samples|