Allwinner unveiled their latest A63 quad core Cortex A53 SoC for tablet at the APC 2017 conference in Zhuhai, Shenzhen, last week. The processor will be an upgrade to Allwinner A64 with a Mali-T760MP2 GPU, support for 2560 x 1600 displays, and a 6K H.265/VP9 video processing unit.
- CPU- Quad core Cortex A53 processor with 32KB L1 I-cache, 32KB L1 D-cache, shared 512KB L2 cache
- GPU – ARM Mali-T760MP2 “high performance” GPU with OpenGL ES 3.2 support
- VPU – 4K/6K VP9, H.265, and H.264 4K @ 30fps video decoder; Smartcolor 3.0 “video quality enhancement engine”
- Memory I/F – DDR3, DDR3L, LPDDR3, LPDDR2
- Storage I/F – eMMC 5.0; TLC/MLC/SLC/EF NAND flash with 80-bit ECC
- Display I/F – Dual MIPI and eDP interfaces up to 2560 x 1600 resolution
- Audio – Support for multi-microphone array, multi-channel analog voice signal input and stereo ADC, DAC
- Package – 15 x 15 mm
- Manufacturing Process – 28nm
Allwinner will provide an Android N GMS SDK for the processor, which beside tablets, is also expected to be used in point of sales, and digital signage applications. The processor also comes with audio capabilities to support voice commands / APIs like Amazon Alexa. The company has not setup a product page on their website yet, and I got most of the info from an article on Sohu.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal, become a Patron on Patreon, or buy review samples|