MediaTek has introduced two more octa-core Cortex A53 processors with respectively Helio P23 for worldwide markets, and Helio P30 for China. Both processors build upon Helio P20/P25 design, but are upgraded with a faster Mali G71MP2 GPU, LTE Cat 7/13 modem, and in the case of Helio P30 the ability to record 4K videos with H.265 codec, instead of just H.264, and a new “vision processing unit”.
- CPU – 8 core big.LITTLE processor with 4x ARM Cortex A53 @ 2.3 GHz, 4x ARM Cortex A53 @ 1.65 GHz
- GPU – ARM Mali-G71MP2 GPU clocked @ 770 MHz (P23) or 950 MHz (P30)
- Memory I/F – 2 x 16-bit @ 1600 MHz LPDDR4X, P23 only: 1 x 32-bit @ 933 MHz LPDDR3
- Storage I/F – No info
- Display – Up to 2160 x 1080 resolution
- Encoder – P23: 2160p30 H.264; P30: 2160p30 H.264 & HEVC
- Decoder – 2160p30 H.264 & HEVC
- P23 – 24MP single camera; 13 + 13MP dual camera
- P30 – 25MP single camera; 16 + 16MP dual camera; Vision Processing Unit (Tensilica DSP) used for additional image processing
- Modem – LTE Cat 7/13 300/150Mbps; Dual Sim, Dual Standby (DSDS) w/Dual VoLTE
- Process – TSMC 16nm
MediaTek’s new processors will be found in smartphones in Q4 of this year, with Helio P23 launching globally, and Helio P30 in China, but the latter may eventually expand to other markets if there’s demand. No product pages, nor press releases are available for either SoCs at the time of writing, but in due time, more info should show up on MediaTek Helio P series product page.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or become a Patron on Patreon|