Mediatek has gotten used to releasing many different processors, often with one slight differences such as support for different screen resolutions, but the company’s latest Helio P20 octa-core Cortex-A53 processor, despite looking pretty similar to Helio P10 (MT6755) and X10 (MT6795), does confirm lower process nodes are now available in entry-level to mid range parts since it’s manufactured using a 16nm process, and the application processor also supports up to 6GB LPDDR4X memory which drops the voltage from 1.1V to 0.6V for even lower power consumption. LPDDR4X is said to provide 70% more bandwidth and 50% lower power consumption compared to LPDDR3.
MediaTek Helio P20 (LP4) specifications:
- CPU – 8x ARM Cortex-A53 @ up to 2.3GHz
- GPU – Mali-T880MP2 @ 900MHz
- Memory – Up to 2 x LPDDR4X 1600MHz (up to 6GB) + 1x LPDDR3 933Mhz (up to 4GB)
- Storage – eMMC 5.1 flash
- Display IF – 2x MIPI DSI up to 1920×1080 @ 60fps for dual display + MiraVision 2.0 technology
- Camera – Up to 24MP at 24FPS w/ZSD, 12bit Dual ISP, 3A HW engine, Bayer & Mono sensor support
- Video Decode – H.264 & H.265 up to 4Kx2K @ 30fps
- Video Encode – H.264 up to 4Kx2K @ 30fps
- Modem – LTE FDD/TDD/R.11 Cat.6 with 2×20 CA up to 300Mbps donwnlink and 50Mpbs uplink. C2K SRLTE. L+W DSDS support
- Connectivity – WiFi 802.11 ac/a/b/g/n (with MT6630), and GPS/Glonass/Beidou +Bluetooth + FM radio.
- Audio – 110db SNR & -95db THD
- Manufacturing Process – 16nm
Smartphones powered by Helio P20 are expected in H2 2016. A few more details may be available on Helio P20 product page.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or become a Patron on Patreon|