India Mobile Congress 2017 took place in New Delhi this week, and at the event, Mediatek officially launched Helio P23 processor (in India), as well as a new MT6739 SoC with a quad core Cortex A53 processor, Imagination PowerVR GE8100 GPU, an a LTE Cat.4/5 modem for entry level 4G LTE smartphones.
Mediatek MT6739 specifications:
- CPU – 4x ARM Cortex-A53 cores clocked up to 1.5GHz
- GPU – Imagination PowerVR GE8100 GPU @ 570 MHz with
- System Memory – LPDDR3-667MHz up to 3GB
- Storage – eMMC 5.1 Flash
- Display – up to 1440 x 720 (18:9 aspect ratio)
- Camera – 13MP, dual camera supported
- Video Decoding – 1080p @ 30FPS, H.264/HEVC
- Video Encoding – 1080p @ 30FPS, H.264
- Modem – 4G LTE Cat. 4 DL / Cat. 5 UL (FDD/TDD) up to 150Mbps download, 50Mbps upload, CDMA2000, L+G, L+W/L+L DSDS, eMBMS, HPUE, 600MHz band supported; Dual VolTE
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 802.11a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2, FM, GPS+Glonass / GPS+Beidou
Phones based on Mediatek MT6739 are expected by the end of the year in India, and the rest of the world. More details on the product page.