Android smartphones with LTE connectivity are now available for a little over $100, for example with LANDVO L200G powered by Mediatek MT6582 with an external MT6290 LTE modem, but prices may soon even get lower, as Qualcomm has now unveiled their latest Snapdragon 210 processor with integrated LTE modem to bring sub $100 LTE smartphones to market in 2015.
- Processor – Quad ARM Cortex A7 up to 1.1GHz
- GPU – Adreno 304 GPU with OpenGL ES 3.0, OpenCL, DirectX, content security, and decreased power consumption
- DSP – QDSP6 DSP
- Memory/Storage – LPDDR2/[email protected], eMMC 4.5, and SD 3.0 (UHS-I)
- Display – Up to 720p, with external displays supported
- Integrated 4G LTE-Advanced World Mode, supporting LTE FDD, LTE TDD, WCDMA (3C-HSDPA, DC-HSUPA), CDMA1x, EV-DO Rev. B, TD-SCDMA and GSM/EDGE
- 4G LTE CAT4 speeds of up to 150 Mbps with 2×10 MHz Carrier Aggregation
- Qualcomm RF360, LTE-Broadcast and LTE multimode dual-SIM
- RF – Second Gen RF and Qualcomm RF360 front end solution and 3rd generation 28nm RF Transceiver for world mode bands, lower power and PCB & BOM reduction
- Video – [email protected], FHD Native HEVC playback, HD H.264 capture
- Qualcomm Audio – Fluence HD with Noise Cancellation, and SVA (Snapdragon Voice Activation).
- Camera – Single ISPs can support 320MP/sec throughput and image sensors up to 8MP
- Connectivity – 802.11n (2.4GHz), BT4.1 + BLE, Qualcomm IZat location technology Gen8C, USB 2.0
- Power Management – Quick Charge 2.0 Support
- Security – Snapdragon StudioAccess, Trustzone, and SecureMSM
The company will also provide a reference design based on Snapdragon 210 for developers. If you don’t need LTE, a 3G-only version called Snapdragon 208 with a dual core processor, and support for qHD (960 x 540) displays, will be launched around the same time, and should find their ways into in devices in Q1 2015.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or become a Patron on Patreon|