iWave Systems previously launched iW-RainboW-G25S single board board powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 processor. The company is now back with a new Snapdragon 820 development kit called iW-RainboW-G25D that complies with SMARC 2.0 SoM specifications.
The kit include a SoM with 3GB RAM, 32GB storage, WiFi and Bluetooth connected to a SMARC compliant baseboard, and optionally features a 5.5″ AMOLED touch screen display.
iWave Systems iW-RainboW-G25D development kit specifications:
- APQ8096 SMARC iW-RainboW-G25M SoM:
- SoC – Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 (APQ8096) quad core Kryo CPU with Adreno 530 GPU @ 624MHz, Hexagon 680 DSP @ 825 MHz (no modem)
- System Memory – 3GB LPDDR4 RAM
- Storage – 32GB eMMC Flash, micro SD slot
- PCIe to Gigabit Ethernet + PHY
- 802.11a/b/g/n/ac Wi-Fi + BT4.1 Low Energy (BLE)
- GPS/GNSS receiver
- 314-pin MXM 3.0 edge connector as per SMARC 2.0 specifications
- SMARC Carrier Board
- Storage – M.2 slot (back), SATA, SD card slot (back), SPI flash
- Display – 5.5″ HD AMOLED MIPI DSI display with capacitive touch
- Video Output – HDMI
- Audio – 3.5mm audio IN or OUT jacks
- Camera – 8MP MIPI CSI camera connector
- Connectivity – 1x Gigabit Ethernet (RJ45)
- USB – 2x USB 3.0 host port, 2x USB 2.0 host ports, 1x micro USB OTG port, 1x USB 3.0 type C port
- 1x PCIe x1 slot
- 1x MiniPCIe slot (multiplexed with PCIe slot and one USB 2.0 port; selectable with switch)
- 1x UART port (full function)
- 3x 80-pin I/O Expansion connectors with USB, GPIO, MIPI CSI, MIPI DSI, SLIM BUS, I2C, UART, SPI, HAD/I2S, etc…
- Misc – RTC with backup battery, DIP switch
- Debugging – 1x micro USB Port
- Power Supply – 12V DC
- Dimensions – 120mmx120mm (Nano ITX form factor)
- Operating Temperature – 0°C to +70°C
The company provides support for Android 6.x Marshmallow, and expects the kit and SoM to be used to develop various types of applications including augmented & virtual reality, 4K digital signage, media streaming, connected home & entertainment, high end wearables, drones, secure POS, video analytics.
iW-RainboW-G25D SMARC development kit appears to be available now with or without display. For further details and potentially inquire about pricing info, visit the product page.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.