Intel Gemini Lake processors should be officially launched in a few weeks with Pentium & Celeron SKUs. We already have a good idea about the new processors’ features, but AFAIK so far there’s been no official announcement of products based on the new processor family, since companies must still be under embargo.
FanlessTech noticed three new FUJITSI FUTRO thin clients (S540, S740, and S940), and upon further research found they were based on mini-ITX and mini-STX motherboards equipped with Intel Celeron J4005/J4105 or Pentium J5005 Gemini Lake SoC.
- Mainboard – D3543-A mini-ITX board
- SoC – Intel Pentium Silver J5005 quad core processor @ up to 2.8 GHz with Intel Gen9 HD Graphics supporting DirectX 12, OpenGL 4.4, Open CL 1.2, OpenGL ES 3.1, Vulkan; 10W TDP
- System Memory – 2 GB – 16 GB via SO-DIMM slot (DDR4, 2400 MHz)
- Storage – 8 to 128 GB M.2 SSD module
- Video Output – 2x DisplayPort (DP) 1.2a,
- Audio – 1x LINE In, 1x LINE Out, headphone and microphone jacks; Realtek ALC671 audio codec
- USB – 2x USB 3.1 Gen1 ports, one optional USB 3.1 Gen1 type C port, 4x USB 2.0 ports, 1x USB 2.0 internal header
- Networking – 1x Gigabit Ethernet (RJ-45) via Realtek RTL8111G chipset, optional Intel Wireless-AC 9260 WLAN (
- Misc – 1x Kensington Lock slot, 2x PS/2 ports for mouse & keyboard, 1x optional Parallel por
- Dimensions (W x D x H) 52 x 195 x 250 mm
The mini-ITX boards also include eDP & 24Bit dual-channel LVDS interface which are not used in the thin clients. The three devices support eLux RP 6 or Windows 10 IoT Enterprise, and come with 2-year warranty.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.